FRIENDS OF LORD HOWE ISLAND MUSEUM
Become a member
Membership of the LHI Historical Society is open to all residents and visitors. Membership is single $11.00, family $22.00, business $55.00
A quarterly newsletter updates members on all activities and progress with the museum.
Without the generous support of many contributors the Museum would not be here. An Honour Board in the reception area lists major contributors.
The LHI Historical Society and Museum is a registered tax deductible organization. All donations over $2.00 are tax deductible. If you wish to make a donation we accept cash, cheques or you can make a direct deposit by arrangement. Please contact the Museum by mail to PO Box 11, Lord Howe Island NSW 2898, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum has a number of projects that have been sponsored by individuals or businesses.
Some recent sponsorships include:
- Purchase and framing of 1790 map of Lord Howe Island by Dick and Pip Smith;
- Purchase and framing of NSW, Lord Howe and Norfolk Islands 1790 map by Trevor Bradley-Grieves;
- Construction of marine and seabird display tables by Deidre and Don Faithful;
- Donation of 5 original Max Dupain Lord Howe Island photographs by his daughter Danina Anderson;
- Donation of materials to complete the museum annex by Bob Hill;
- Donation of windows and doors for the annex by George and Robyn Warner;
- Grant from the Lord Howe Island Board for completion of the annex;
- Grant from Arts NSW for digitizing and cataloging photographic collection;
- Grant from Arts NSW for part time Curator salary.
- Grant from Nature Conservancy Australia for World Heritage book
- Sponsorship for website from James and Leonie Furber
- Sponsorship from Peter Dowling for display on introduced animals
- Sponsorship from Janet White and Neil Fordyce for display on weed eradication
We are currently seking sponsorshop for a number of projects. Please contact the museum for information. Aknowledgement of donations and sponsorships over $500.00 is given in a special Sponsors Album on display at the museum, and a sponsor’s plaque can be attached to specific items if required.